Friday, January 2, 2015

Treadmill Running

As temperatures have been dropping around my hometown, and my body seems to think it is a lizard and shut down when it gets too cold, I elected to do several of my runs on a treadmill this week.  For me, treadmill runs usually follow a specific pattern.  The first 5-10 minutes are nice.  Then I start to get all antsy and consider running a mile or two outside then coming back in and finishing my workout.  But I soon remember that it is -12 outside, and that I'm not exactly dressing for that kind of weather for any length of time.  So I settle in and watch whatever work of cinematography I've selected to keep the monotony of running 40+ minutes on the same stretch of rubber at bay.
This week, I actually did treadmill runs on three different days.  I also broke my record for number of miles run on a treadmill in a day by four miles.  I wasn't entirely sure whether I should be proud of myself or just go lie day with a cinnamon roll and season seven of House for the rest of the day.
Being on the treadmill, I also had more time to think while running and set some goals for the next season.  I'm excited to try steeplechase this year, and I'd like to go to lots more big-name meets.  Usually, I just go to Arcadia.  This year, I'll probably go to that along with Chandler Rotary, and hopefully some post-season invitationals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment