Sunday, January 4, 2015

Life Goals (And 2015 Goals Too, I Guess)

Since the cliché for bloggers everywhere seems to be to share their goals for the new year, I figured I was not exempt.  So, here they are.
Goals for 2015:
-Set a new personal record in both the 1600 and the 3200
-Try steeplechase without tripping over the barrier and becoming the next embarrassing YouTube sensation
-Qualify for a post-season meet, like the New Balance Nationals or the Dream Mile
-Don't complain about the 800 a single time-Technically this is a repeat of last year's, but my coaches and teammates seemed to appreciate it, so I thought I'd give it another try
-Don't drink half a gallon of chocolate milk in less than an hour.  Seriously, don't.  It's a terrible idea.  That much dairy at once...well, it leaves one feeling like a dead slug.  Not that I would know.
-Don't annoy my competitors too much.  This means no singing on the starting line, no telling strangers how badly you need to pee, and absolutely no lame dad jokes.
-Stop treating my body like a trash receptacle with legs.  I should not be putting whatever delicious, salty snacks I want in my face.  I am a runner.  I must occasionally eat leafy greens and protein.  I'm not going to say that I'll stop with the ice cream and cookies completely.  Just that I'll try to slow down my consumption.
Life Goals:
-Become an athletic trainer or coach for young runners
-Write for Runner's World.  Even if it's just one article.  Or an ad.  I'd even take an ad.  I actually really want to write for Runner's World.  I would even be down to do small youth articles for them right now.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to contact the folks in charge, and even if I did, I have no idea how I would convince them to let me write things for them.
-Keep running forever.  Or, you know, as long as I can.  I would love to run past college, especially as a sponsored runner.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.
-Break 2:00 in the 800m.  (Hopefully it still counts if I do it on a motorized vehicle)

So, you lovely internet strangers, for my last life goal, I'm going to need some help from all of you.  I would like to get a start writing about my running for an audience, and for that I need your feedback.  I would love to hear your thoughts about my posts, about your own training, about what you would like to hear more about, about just about anything.  You can also feel free to learn more about my running or submit feedback through my Instagram account, @alysinwonderlnd
Bless all your beautiful little souls.  May 2015 be a year of many personal records, not so many ice baths, and at least one big cookie for all of you.

1 comment:

  1. These goals are awesome! I love perusing through your blog and seeing what new thoughts you've posted. A goal of mine would be to get more sleep [as I'm writing at this at 2 in the morning...] I would also love to run more.
    Thanks for sharing.
    --Cierra Ella

    ReplyDelete