Monday, January 12, 2015

Mother Nature Mood Swings

I think I got far too lucky last week, as it was about 50 degrees when I ran every day.  Most of the week, I was running in short shorts and a t-shirt.  Today, I woke up to about three inches of snow.  Since then, its dumped about another three or four inches.
My schedule for the last two weeks, and again this week, has been pretty relaxed.  I do runs for time rather than distance four days a week, a tempo run one day, and fartleks another.  It's been really nice to be slowly introduced back into running at my own pace, rather than thrown right back into intervals or repeats the first and second week back.
Also, I've determined that I really am a runner.  I had a nightmare last night that had me waking up in a cold sweat, completely terrified.  In this nightmare, I was adding up my weekly mileage for my training log and only got up to 45 miles.  I know, it's horrifying.  I had to immediately run to my notebook and double check that I had actually broken 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment