Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Songs Worth Running To

Since I run on my own several times a week, I've found different ways to keep myself entertained, especially for longer runs.  Sometimes I watch Netflix on the treadmill, and sometimes I simply daydream or ponder life.  Most often, though, I listen to music.  The best feeling on a long run is when you reach the seven mile mark of a ten mile, with motivation flagging and thoughts wandering to the things you could be doing at home, and your favorite running song comes on.  For myself, running with music can often help me to stay excited and pretend that I'm in a Nike commercial or something.  It also probably makes me look like a goon at times, especially when a good song comes on and I start grinning.  (Or grimacing in a manner that could almost resemble a smile)
One of my favorite artists to run to is definitely Betty Who.  Her music often has a kind of light, dreamy feel, but still has a good beat.  Her songs are the type that you can't help singing to.  The most recent album, Take Me When You Go, has definitely been the best so far.  (Fair warning, you may want to seek out a radio edit).  The Betty Who station on Pandora is also typically great for running to.


No comments:

Post a Comment