Monday, November 24, 2014

Runnning in a Winter Wonderland (Or Something Like That)

One of my best friends and old teammates returned from having amazing experiences running for Vanderbilt to spend Thanksgiving with her family this weekend, and I got the opportunity to run with her.  It's always great when friends come home from college because you have so much to talk about on your run, and it's wonderful to catch up again.  I did my first six miles today with her, and I don't think we stopped talking for two seconds.  Our old coach would have been horrified-he had to spend many long hours on the bus or in mini-vans on the way to meets listening to us, and I don't think he will ever fully recover.  I did the last three on my own, which wasn't as interesting, but it did give me an opportunity to think.  I've decided that my goal for the Nike nationals this year is to make the All-American cutoff.  The top 21 runners earn this distinction, and since I got 26th last year, and I've improved quite a bit since then, I believe I can make it.  No matter what, it will another amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment