Wednesday, November 12, 2014

First Winter Run

Monday, we received our first winter snowstorm.  It was certainly not heavy or lasting, but it marked the first true winter run for me.  Since it was a long easy day, I did a seven-mile trail run with my boyfriend up behind his house.  Let me just tell you, I love running from his house.  He lives in the middle of nowhere (I thought he was taking me out to murder me on our first date, but it turns out he actually does live miles away from civilization.), so all of our runs there are only somewhat wild trails.  We typically see tons of wild animals on our runs there, and we are constantly surrounded by trees.  Basically, it's a trail runner's paradise.
The run we did Monday was no different.  It was somewhat wild, parts of it consisting of game trails that ran through brambles and trees, and a thin blanket of snow coated everything.  It was incredibly beautiful.  There's just something about running in the snow that makes everything seem better.  Snow could transform the most mundane run into something beautiful.
The most amazing thing about these runs is knowing that you are the only human beings out on the trails.  You are the first person to come in contact with this lovely new snow.  You are the first person to slip on this lovely new snow and fall directly on your behind.  It's a wonderful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment