Monday, September 7, 2015

Running in Bozeman

Well, I've been living in Bozeman for just under a month now.  I must admit I'm still a little bit lost when it comes to finding my way around town and suggesting restaurants or places to hang out to people, and I'm not as familiar with the trails as I would like, but I've been running with the team for the last few weeks and they've led me to some great runs.  So far, all of the trail runs here have been very similar to the trail running in Park City.  The last two Sundays, the trails have been the best I've ever run on.  Holy cow it is beautiful here.  Sourdough trail and South Cottonwood, the trails we have run the last two weeks, are forest trails that are honestly pretty much fairy tale runs.  They even have ideal little streams off to the side for crying out loud!  The only downside is that anytime that I'm ever running alone, I have an intense fear that I'm going to be eaten by a bear.
It's also been incredibly nice to have a team to run with again.  This is the first time in about two years that I've been on the same training program as anyone else on my team, and the difference it makes to run with other people is huge.  We had a time trial as a team on Saturday, and it made me very excited to see how our first race goes.  I'm really hoping that our team will be able to win conference this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment