Sunday, March 8, 2015

I Blame Running For My Lack of Interior Decorating Skill

Anyone who has ever been to my house can verify that my room is positively plastered with running paraphernalia.  Things that I've picked up at races, pictures of my team and me running, posters for motivation, you name it, it's there.  There's a reason behind everything on my wall, despite the doubts of my peers and my sister who shares my room.
My flags were the beginning of her woes.  Freshman year at Footlocker Regionals and Bob Firman, I was informed that everyone who knows anything about running takes a flag from every meet they can get one from.  I have souvenirs of this sort from four years of Bob Firman, two years of Footlocker Regionals, three years of Nike Regionals, two years of Nike nationals, and a year of the Mt. Sac Relays.
Next after the flags came the schedules and posters.  I always keep my seasonal schedule right next to my bed so I can overthink every race in advance, and I have a "Go Lyssa!" poster beside it to prove that my younger sister didn't always think I was crazy for running.
My favorite things, though, have to be my State poster, my NXN poster, and my Dream Mile poster.  The state poster always reminds me where I started.  My team and my friends have pushed me to go farther than I ever thought I would.  NXN reminds me what I have accomplished, and what I could be capable of in the future.  And the Dream Mile poster reminds me of my goals every day, and gives me something to strive for.
So, despite Annie's insistence that we look like horders as a result of my wall decor, I refuse to give up any of my eccentric collections.  They're all too meaningful.  (Except maybe the picture of the cat in the cowboy hat.  That one's just funny.)

No comments:

Post a Comment